Quickly combine and intersect shapes in Microsoft MapPoint!
Import, export, and copy shapes between maps!
If you are already using Microsoft® MapPoint®, you already know how useful shapes can be. Unfortunately the only way to modify these shapes are by adding or removing points. It is impossible to combine shapes, easily find overlaps between shapes, or otherwise modify them. MPSuperShape is an add-in for Microsoft MapPoint which solves these problems.
MapPoint shapes also have limited import/exported options. In fact you can only save them as a MapPoint map file, or cut & paste between maps. MPSuperShape solves this problem by providing the ability to read and write shapes in a number of industry standard file formats.
Possible applications include:
- Combining drive-time areas to find the total area covered by existing depots.
- Finding territory overlaps.
- Finding areas which meet multiple characteristics.
- Defining territory shapes around customer pushpins.
- Managing and editing maps with complex multiple shape definitions.
- Transfering shapes to/from other GIS systems.
- Support formats include ESRI Shape ('SHP'), MapInfo ('MIF'), KML, GML, and web pages (Google Maps & Bing Maps).
- Import third-party shape information and annotation.
- Export your shapes to other systems or people.
- Create webpages from MapPoint maps.
- Export pushpins contained by shapes to Microsoft Excel, listing one shape per worksheet.
These applications are made possible through a wide range of features.
The .NET Framework can be downloaded from the Microsoft website (Download Link for .NET 4.0).
Click here for a free 14 day trial of MPSuperShape. The trial version must be registered if you wish to use it beyond the 14 day trial period. MPSuperShape licenses can be purchased for US$75 using a number of different purchase options.