MPSuperShape is an add-in for Microsoft® MapPoint® that provides a range of powerful shape manipulation functions. It can also read and write MapPoint shapes in a number of industry standard file formats. Benefits also include the ability to use MapPoint shapes in other applications, and to manipulate boundary shapes.
In order to support these abilities, MPSuperShape includes the following features:
- Combine multiple shapes into one shape ('union')
- Find the intersection (overlap) between shapes
- Create boundary shapes around groups of selected pushpins and/or shapes
- Simplify shapes for efficient MapPoint processing
- Delete multiple shapes at once
- Modify the colors, line thickness, and/or Z order of multiple shapes at once
- Import shapes from external (non-MapPoint) files, including ESRI Shape and MapInfo MIF files
- Export shapes to external (non-MapPoint) files, including ESRI Shape and MapInfo MIF files
- Support for files that use a wide range of different coordinate systems and projections
- Copy MapPoint shapes and pushpins to online maps
- Copy shapes between different MapPoint maps - reuse the same shapes on multiple maps!
- Supports all geographic editions of Microsoft MapPoint from 2006 onwards
In addition to MapPoint, MPSuperShape requires the following:
- Microsoft MapPoint 2006 or later (North America or Europe)
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, or XP
The .NET Framework can be downloaded from the Microsoft website (Download Link for .NET 4.0).
Click here for a free 14 day trial of MPSuperShape. The trial version must be registered if you wish to use it beyond the 14 day trial period. MPSuperShape licenses can be purchased for US$75 using a number of different purchase options.